Cosmetic Injectables in Akron, OH
What are Injectables?
Injectables are commonly used to achieve a more youthful, rested appearance. Injectables are used to relax facial wrinkles and folds, contour the body and improve the signs of facial fat loss by creating structure, framework, and volume to the face and lips.
Injectables are considered a noninvasive procedure, which means no surgery is required and minimal downtime. Most procedures take less than 30 minutes.
Summit MedAesthetics offers the latest cosmetic treatments including cosmetic injectables. If you are interested in learning more about how Summit MedAesthetics can help you achieve your desired aesthetic, call (330) 953-3414 to request an appointment at our medical spa in Fairlawn or Poland today.
Two Main Types of Injectables
There are several types of injectable procedures that improve various areas of concern, many which have been around for decades.
Whether you choose a neuromodulator like BOTOX® or a dermal filler treatment depends primarily on your areas of concern and the results you want from your treatment.
You can talk to Summit MedAesthetics to see which is right for you.
The following are the two main categories of injectables:
1. Neuromodulators – Softens the Face from Movement
Neuromodulators help to improve the appearance of dynamic expression lines and wrinkles by causing relaxation of the facial muscles. Products like BOTOX® have been around for more than 30 years.
- Treats – Frown lines, wrinkles, forehead, between eyes, side of eyes or “crow’s feet”
- Types – Dysport® and BOTOX®
- Lasts – 3 to 4 months, gradually wearing off
- Benefits – smoother skin and wrinkles near the injection site become less noticeable
A neuromodulator blocks the nerve signals in the face, and then the muscles cannot contract as freely as before. This lack of movement smooths out the skin and significantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles over time.
Like any muscle, your face muscles are strong and get stronger with use. Thus, wrinkles may appear. As you use a neuromodulator with (Botulinum Type A) to block those muscles from use, your body no longer uses depends on those face muscles. Over time, the product may wear off so seasonal updates are recommended.
2. Fillers – Helps to replace Volume
Dermal fillers are injected into the skin to add volume and fullness to areas that have lost volume due to genetics, aging, or extreme weight loss.
- Treats– signs of aging, lips, cheeks, temples, smile lines
- Types – Juvéderm, Restylane
- Lasts – 6months to 2 years, then safely absorbed by the body over time
- Benefits – restores lost volume, smooth lines, soften creases, enhance contours
Many visible signs of aging can be traced back to volume loss. This is because as your facial tissues thin out, lines become etched around the nose and mouth and cheeks look a little hollow. Fillers often contain hyaluronic acid. This is a naturally occurring substance that is already found in your skin. It helps keep skin plump and hydrated. HA fillers are typically soft and gel-like. Different fillers have different ingredients specifically designed for certain areas of your face.
Dermal fillers can replace lost volume to help smooth wrinkles, plump the lips, and restore a more youthful appearance.
Which is Right for Me?
If you come in for a consultation, we will talk to you about your desired outcomes. If you have specific wrinkles or lines that bother you, we can suggest certain products based on your areas of concern.
Often, neuromodulators and fillers can work together to give you the look you desire.
With so many products on the market, it can be difficult to know which option is best for you without an experienced provider’s guidance.
Each product is uniquely formulated to have a certain texture, density, and injection depth, which means that certain fillers work better for certain areas of concern. These injections aren’t appropriate for pregnant women or anyone under the age of 18.
Your initial treatment will begin with a consultation, during which you will meet with Summit MedAesthetics to discuss your concerns and goals.
The cost of each product depends on:
- the area of skin being treated
- the number of injections you’ll need
- how often you’ll need to return for follow-up injections
- where you live
It’s important to learn the exact costs of the proposed treatment ahead of time, and to work out a payment plan if needed.
What Happens During Treatment?
- The team at Summit MedAesthetics will go over your desired results and the type of injectable to be used
- You will sit comfortably in a clean medical room
- You may have numbing cream applied to help ease any discomfort
- You may hold a buzzer or other accommodations to distract from any anxiety
- Our staff will inject the product into certain areas of the face
- You may receive an ice pack or a cotton swab to relieve any pain or blood from the needle
What Can I Expect After an Injectable?
There is no downtime with either type of injectable and recovery usually involves only minor swelling or irritation at the injection sites.
Most patients who get neuromodulators or dermal fillers are in and out of the office within an hour or two and experience no disruption of their normal schedules.
You may receive a small ice pack to relieve any discomfort.
We also recommend:
- Avoiding alcohol for at least 48 hours
- Not massaging your face or injection areas to avoid spreading the neuromodulator to other parts of the face
- Avoiding exercise or strenuous activity for at least 4 hours
- Avoiding direct sun exposure for at least 24 hours
- Not laying down for 3 hours after
- Consider propping up a pillow during sleep the night of treatment to avoid swelling
Who Should I Trust?
When it comes to contouring your face, you should give your decision the same level of care and scrutiny that you would for a surgical procedure.
Injectables often require a certain level of skill, knowledge, and expertise. Many providers have extensive training in facial anatomy, years of experience, and surgeon-like precision.
Talk to Summit MedAesthetics about your desired results to ensure safe and natural-looking results. Give us a call at (330) 953-3414 today!